UPDATE: Deadline for submitting your entry has been extended to November 12, 2010. Hurry now!
Announcing the EdelGive Social Innovation Honours (ESIH) 2011. EdelGive Social Innovation Honours 2011 will recognize NGOs who have worked to create an innovative model for delivery of essential services to women and girl children. These innovations are cost-effective, with the potential to deliver long term benefits. The Awards are given out in the categories of health, education, socio-cultural rights, governance and livelihoods.
Specifically, here are the award categories and their details:
- Health and well being: Awarding an innovation which promotes women’s health and overall well-being
- Education: Awarding an innovation which provides women with access to education and/or improved quality of education
- Economic Security & Livelihoods: Awarding an innovation which helps women increase their income, and / or provides them with employment opportunities.
- Social and Cultural rights: Awarding an innovation which helps women overcome social and cultural challenges.
- Governance: Awarding an innovation which prepares women to participate in available legislative positions
The applications for ESIH 2011 are now open and the last date for submission is October 23, 2010.
If you or your NGO has been focussing on providing essential services to women and girl children, you can read more about it here: http://www.edelgive.org/honours.htm
To apply online, goto: http://samhita.org/edelgive.html
Launched in 2008, EdelGive Foundation hosts the annual ESIH awards to reward and recognise innovations that are empowering women and girl-children.
EdelGive Foundation, which is an initiative of Edelweiss Capital Limited and provides strategic direction to the philanthropic activities of Edelweiss, its employees, clients and associates. EdelGive’s key priority is to focus on the areas of education, livelihoods and supporting women’s empowerment. EdelGive’s investment is in the form of financial but more importantly, capacity building support to its investees.
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons.
Please read these FAQs before contributing.