Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced the launch of two new courses – ‘Remote Sensing and Digital Image Analysis’ and ‘SAR Data Processing for Land Deformation Studies’.
Things to know about Remote Sensing and Digital Image Analysis:
· The course will cover the basic principles of remote sensing.
· The course will be conducted online from 22 August to 16 September 2022.
· Interested participants may register either through their respective institutes or also go for individual registration.
· Those who complete the course will also receive certificates.
· This is a free online course.
· Undergraduate and postgraduate students of any year can apply.
· Technical, scientific staff of central, state government, faculty or researchers at university or institutions can also apply for this course.
· The content of the sessions will be available offline after 24 hours in the e-class portal.
· There are a limited number of seats and registration will be done on a first-come-first-serve basis.
· Upon successful completion of the course participants will be awarded a certificate.
· For more details, click here.
What will you learn?
· Basic principles of remote sensing
· Earth observation sensors and platforms
· Spectral signature of different land cover features
· Image interpretation
· Thermal and microwave remote sensing
· Digital image processing: Basic concepts of rectification and registration, enhancement, classification and accuracy assessment techniques.
Things to know about SAR Data Processing for Land Deformation Studies:
· This is an offline course with in-person training that consists of theory lectures and practicals by senior and experienced faculty of the institute using state-of-the-art hardware and software facilities will be conducted.
· The course will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), an establishment of ISRO.
· The course will be conducted for 11 days and interested participants will have to pay a fee of Rs 6,500.
· The course is scheduled to take place between 14 November 2022 to 25 November 2022.
· The course is aimed at researchers, working professionals, project leaders, or academicians working in the field of SAR remote sensing and highly interested in processing time-series SAR data in an open sources software environment for SAR interferometric applications for land deformation studies.
· Boarding and lodging charges to stay in IIRS hostel or guest houses will have to be separately paid by the candidates as per the IIRS hostel rules and regulations.
· Eligible candidates are requested to apply online through the IIRS website here only on or before 23 September 2022 (5:30 pm).
· For more details on the course, you could contact Hari Shankar (Course Coordinator) via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will you learn?
· Characteristics of microwave radiations, radar working principle, or radar in remote sensing.
· Interaction of microwaves with atmosphere and targets on the earth’s surface.
· SAR system parameters, nature of SAR images, SAR image geometries and acquisition modes. Overview of SAR polarimetry and backscattering processes.
· Overview of Linux OS, installation of software and their dependencies for SAR data processing.
· SAR time-series data download, or interferometric processing chains in SNAP and ISCE SAR processors.
(Edited by Yoshita Rao)
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons:
Let us know how you felt