U R Rao Satellite Centre (URSC), Bengaluru, the lead centre of ISRO for satellite technology, has invited online applications for the recruitment of various posts. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on or before 6 March 2020.
The recruitment drive is being conducted to fill 182 vacancies, which include technicians, technical assistants, draughtsman, library assistant, hindi typist and other positions. While these positions are temporary posts, they are likely to be continued indefinitely.
Point to note: Before the candidate embarks on filling up the online application, do keep the following handy:
• Recent colour passport size photograph of the candidate (JPG/JPEG file of max. 50 KB)
• If any image other than the recent colour photograph of the candidate is uploaded, such application shall be summarily rejected.
How to apply
• The application for on-line registration will be hosted on the official ISRO website from 15 February 2020 until 6 March 2020.
• Please note that applications will be received through on-line mode only.
• Upon registration, candidates will be provided with a Registration Number, which should be carefully retained for future reference.
• While filling up the form, provide your correct email id since the hall ticket, call letter for the written test etc. will only be emailed. No hard copy will be sent.
• The candidates who are already employed under Central/State Govt/ PSU/Autonomous Bodies etc. have to send a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the present employer concerned, duly indicating their Registration Number and Post Code to the Sr. Administrative Officer (RMT), U R Rao Satellite Centre (URSC), Old Airport Road, Vimanapura Post, Bengaluru -560 017, within 7 days of filing the applications online by the candidates and in any case not later than 13 March 2020.
• An application fee of Rs 250, for male candidates, will be charged who fall under one of the following categories – Unreserved, Other Backward Class and Economically Weaker Section. The fee is non-refundable.
• Payment can be made online using Internet Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card or offline by visiting the nearest SBI Branch.
• Candidates can pay application fee immediately after submitting their application or on any day before the last date for fee payment i.e. 7 March 2020. The last date for submitting online application is 6 March 2020.
For a detailed note of the selection process, do read the application form here.
Things to know
• Only applications made through on-line will be entertained. Physical applications will not be entertained.
• The posts are temporary but likely to continue indefinitely.
• The number of posts indicated above is provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirements.
• The appointees may be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organization/Department of Space situated anywhere in India, as and when required.
• ISRO reserves the right either not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so desires.
• Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
• Candidates who have pursued a professional course through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) are not eligible to apply for recruitment to the post of Technical Assistant.
• Outstation candidates shortlisted for skill test after qualifying in the written test will be paid to and fro Second Class sleeper Railway fare by the shortest distance from the address given in the on-line application to the place of skill test or non-A/c Bus fare or actual fare whichever is less on production of proof of journey, irrespective of the mode of journey performed by the candidate viz., Rail, Bus, Air, etc.
• Ex-servicemen have to submit a copy of the Discharge Certificate duly indicating the Ex-service status at the time of Skill Test.
• Any request for change of written test Centre/venue or skill test Centre/venue or e-mail id for communication will NOT be entertained.
• No interim correspondence will be entertained. However, in case of any clarification, candidates may send their mail to email@example.com.
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)