The last date of registration is 26 February 2020, which is also the last day for submission of fee
Every year, the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) issues a notification about the vacancies across India. In this article, we bring you information about the Western Central Railway (WCR), Bhopal, and its 200 vacancies.
What does an Apprentice do?
The Indian Railway Establishment Manual defines as ‘apprentice’ as a person deputed for training in a trade or business with for employment in Government service, who draws a monthly stipend from the government during such training but is not employed in or against a substantive vacancy in the cadre of a department.
The key takeaways from this definition:
- This is a temporary training position
- The candidate will be drawing a stipend and not a salary
- This training could translate into a permanent position at a later stage
- The candidate must have cleared class 10/12 examinations
- Or a valid degree from Industrial Training Institute (ITI) institutions recognised by the National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT)/ State Council of Vocational Training (SCVT)
- Or have a National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by the NCVT in any given trade
- As of 21-01-2020, eligibility as per age is from 15-24 years
- The merit list will consider the average percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in their class 10 examination
- Candidates can apply online from 27 January 2020
- The last date of registration is 26 February 2020, which is also the last day for submission of fee
- The exam date and the date on which the admit card will be issued will be notified soon.
Things to know
- Fill out correct and accurate information in the application form
- You will also have to upload a photograph, your signature, and ID proof along with the form
- Before you submit the form, do go through it to make sure that there are no errors
- You will also have to pay the application fee to complete the submission
- Do take a print out of the final form for future reference
- If you wish to apply online, click here
- You can make an online payment for the application form here
- The official notification can be downloaded here
- The official Western Central Railway website can be accessed here
- Electrician: 60 (General: 27, Other Backward Class (OBC): 16, Scheduled Caste (SC): 08, Scheduled Tribe (ST): 04, Economically Weaker Section (EWS): 05
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant (COPA): 10 (General: 06, OBC: 02, SC: 01, ST: 00, EWS: 01)
- Secretarial Assistant: 05 (General: 04, OBC: 01)
- Painter: 30 (General: 14, OBC: 08, SC: 04, ST: 02, EWS: 02)
- Fitter: 50 (General: 22, OBC: 13, SC: 07, ST: 03, EWS: 05)
- Mechanic Repair and Maintenance of Vehicle: 10 (General: 06, OBC: 02, SC: 01, ST: 00, EWS: 01)
- Welder (Gas and Electric): 20 (General: 10, OBC: 05, SC: 03, ST: 01, EWS: 01)
- Driver cum Mechanic: 05 (General: 04, OBC: 01)
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Programmer cum Operator: 10 (General: 06, OBC: 02, SC: 01, ST: 00, EWS: 01)
Also Read: New Move by Railways: Soon Watch Movies, Soap Operas for Free on Mumbai Locals!
Like this story? Or have something to share?
Write to us: email@example.com
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.