5 Features of Delhi’s Doorstep Delivery of Public Services Scheme
No need for citizens to visit government offices to get simple tasks done.
The Aam Aadmi Party’s ambitious programme for the doorstep delivery of public services has been cleared by the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi.
This led to a Twitter exchange between Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and the L-G, Anil Baijal, where the CM thanked the L-G for approving the plan.
What's The Best Way To Revise For An Exam? Topper's Useful Hacks Goes Viral
In a viral post, a Quora user and exam topper shares some useful tips on how to revise a year’s syllabus without being overwhelmedRead more >
Under the scheme, assistants will turn up at the doorstep of individuals who want to avail of certain government services and upload the requisite documents online, ending the need for them to visit government offices.
Here are five interesting facts about the programme, which aims to make the lives of Delhi’s citizens smoother.
1) The scheme includes services but not limited to, issuance of various government certificates, water connection, old-age pension, widow pension, and updating information about BPL Ration (AAY) Cardholders.
2) A chain of mobile sahayaks will serve as mobile government desks, visiting the homes of citizens.
3) There will be a number, linked to a call centre, where citizens can make appointments for the service providers to visit their home.
4) Every month, around 30-35 new services will be added to the scheme.
5) For issuing driving licences, the sahayak will make a home visit, with the biometric machine, and all necessary equipment and documents, but citizens will be required to take the driving test in person.
You may also like: Delhi Government Promises ‘Home-Delivery’ of 40 Key Public Services
On an average, it usually takes four trips to a government office to finish any official work. This venture by AAP will save time and money.
Like this story? Or have something to share? Write to us: email@example.com, or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
NEW: Click here to get positive news on WhatsApp!
This story made me