ABHAY will now be at hand helping the police in the state of Rajasthan conduct high-level surveillance and tracking in order to bring criminals to justice.
ABHAY the super-cop is a high-tech command centre inaugurated recently by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje.
Raje was even at hand to tweet out pictures of the control center that becomes functional with immediate effect.
— Vasundhara Raje (@VasundharaBJP) March 16, 2017
Here are some fast facts about ABHAY
1) Billed as a one-stop destination to fight crime comprehensively in the state, ABHAY was set-up by the government with the help of Rajasthan’s IT department and boasts the latest in technology and equipment.
#MGChangemakers - Episode 2: THE 21-YEAR JOURNEY OF CHANGE | Driving India Into Future
Live Now #MGChangemakers Episode 2 : Touched by poverty, untouchability and atrocities against Musahar- the Mahadalit community of Bihar, Padma Shri Sudha Varghese decided to dedicate her life for their upliftment. Watch the video to learn about her inspirational journey & how she is ‘Driving India Into The Future’. #MGChangemakers powered by MG Motor India and supported by United Nations India. Show your support by donating now: http://bit.ly/Milap-MGChangemakersPosted by TheBetterIndia on Wednesday, July 18, 2018
2) The centre is based at the Jaipur police commissionerate and can analyse phone call recordings, track vehicles and even conduct video surveillance.
3) The centre comes with integrated response management system and it helps with mob control.
4) The command centre is connected to 464 CCTV cameras that are installed in some of the busiest streets of Jaipur.
5) Through LCD monitoring, tracking will be conducted through the unit using the latest software.
6) This is the first among multiple such centres that will be set up in the state. Similar centres in various divisions will all be linked together to the district headquarters in a phased manner starting June.