ISRO Announces Free Online Course for Students & Researchers Alike; Apply Here
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is inviting applications from students, researchers and professionals for a free online course on Geospatial Technology for monitoring hydro-meteorological hazards. Details here
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is inviting applications for an online free course titled — Advances in monitoring and modelling of hydro-meteorological hazards using geospatial technology and process-based models.
It will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) — a unit of ISRO and a premier institute for capacity building and research in the field of remote sensing and geoinformatics.
IIT Madras Offers Free Online Course For Engineers: Here's How You Can Earn a Certificate
IIT Madras is offering a free online course for engineers on data science via the SWAYAM portal. Read on to know more about duration, syllabus and how to get a certificate.Read more >
Things to know:
- The duration of the online course is one week, and it will be conducted from 5 to 9 December 2022.
- The course is open to professionals working in hydrometeorological hazards-linked regional or national projects.
- The course is also open to students and researchers involved in hydrometeorological hazards studies.
- The course offers an overview of advanced earth observation data and modelling approaches for monitoring and quantitative assessment of hydrometeorological hazards.
- It will cover the following topics:
– Overview of earth observation data and geospatial techniques.
– Hydrological and hydrodynamic modelling and its application in hydrometeorological hazards assessment.
– Drought monitoring and assessment using remote sensing data.
– Snow and glacier mapping and avalanche vulnerability assessment.
- The course aims at spreading awareness about the importance of remote sensing data and process-based modelling in the assessment of hydrometeorological hazards such as floods, GLOFs, droughts, and avalanches.
- Participants can attend the course live through the IIRS e-class portal or the institute’s official YouTube channel.
How to apply:
- Those interested can register through the official website.
- Registration is now open.
For more information, read the official notification.
Edited by Pranita Bhat
This story made me