On 12 February 2020, an official notification was issued by UPSC for the Indian Forest Service (IFS) preliminary examination 2020. If you are keen on applying for this stream, here is what you ought to do. This year, the commission is going to recruit for a total of 90, a number which is liable to alteration.
Do Note: Candidates, who are eligible to apply for the UPSC Forest Service Examination 2020, can do so online on or before 6 p.m. on 3 March 2020.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India, or subjects of Nepal, Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1 January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India; or persons of Indian origin who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Candidate must be 21-years-old or more, but less than 32 as on 1 August 2020, which means that the candidate must be born not earlier than 2 August 1988 and not later than 1 August 1999. For certain relaxation in this criteria, please refer to the official notification.
- Every eligible candidate will be allowed to attempt the same for a maximum of six times. Relaxation to this criteria can be found here.
- Guidelines prescribed for physical eligibility must be fulfilled. The candidate must be free of any disease, have no infirmity of body or mind, and have good vision.
- Every candidate, unless exempted, is required to submit the form, along with an application fee of Rs 100.
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the following subjects – Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Sciences, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology, or Agriculture, Forestry, Engineering from any recognised university.
Dates to note
- Commencement of online applications for UPSC IFS 2020: 12 February 2020
- Last date for submission of online application: 3 March 2020
- UPSC IFS Prelims 2020 Exam Date: 31 May 2020
(Edited by Shruti Singhal)