While it is the drive to Goa that has been immortalised in many a Bollywood film, the Indian railways is determined to make the train journey just as memorable.
That’s why, starting from June, the railways will be plying a premium train service called the Tejas Express from Mumbai to Goa that will not leave passengers wanting.
From Wi-Fi to delicious food curated by celebrity chefs, here’s everything you need to know about the groundbreaking new train service that makes the journey as good as the destination.
Image source: Twitter
1) It is the first train service in the country that will have sliding doors that open automatically in every single coach. Up until now, only metro rails have the said facility. It will also go up to 130kmph.
2) It has a total of 20 coaches and the coaches all boast bio-vacuum toilets and water level indicators.
3) It had been reported back in January of this year that celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor had been roped in to finalise the menu of the food served in the Tejas service. The train also offers coffee and tea vending machines for those who need an immediate caffeine fix.
4) There are LCD screens on the back of all seats that provide passengers with several entertainment options and also disseminates information about the train and the journey.
5) The train offers free Wi-Fi for all its passengers.
6) Authorities have also made the effort to make the train more inclusive. That’s why, Tejas has braille displays. It also has digital destination boards for anyone looking for more information.
7) In case you get bored, there are magazine racks placed throughout the train for passengers to peruse. There are also snack tables for anyone feeling particularly peckish.
8) The fare for Tejas is said to be around the same as a Rajdhani Express train.