The district authority in Gurugram launched an online portal named humvsdengue.org on Wednesday to help patients suffering from dengue. People can find information related to blood donors, hospital locations, details of insurance schemes, etc.
The website will help people in the following ways:
1. Volunteers can register themselves for blood donation.
2. Dengue patients can find donors.
3. People can find information about the dos and don’ts to prevent the disease at this time of the year.
4. Obtain information on the total number of confirmed dengue cases reported in the city and the number of patients treated.
5. Anti-mosquito fogging helpline detail (1800-180-1817)
6. Dengue awareness helpline detail (0124-2222465)
7. Option for sponsoring a child’s dengue insurance.
The authorities have initiated a free insurance scheme for students of government schools, with the help of a private company.
“It is important for children and their parents to know about the exact benefits of the free insurance scheme rolled out by the district authorities. We are also providing a list of all private hospitals so that children in need can immediately be rushed to nearest hospitals once they are diagnosed with dengue.” Snehlata, deputy civil surgeon (vector-borne diseases), Gurugram, told The Times of India. More than 48 government schools have been covered in the initiative.
Like this story? Have something to share? Email: email@example.com, or join us on Facebook and Twitter (@thebetterindia). To get positive news on WhatsApp, just send ‘Start’ to 090 2900 3600 via WhatsApp.
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons.
Please read these FAQs before contributing.