IIT Madras NPTEL – GATE portal is offering free online resources to students to help them ace the competitive Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering examination.
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras is offering the NPTEL-GATE portal to students aspiring to ace the GATE examination.
The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) — Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) portal provides access to previous years’ questions from 2007 to 2022, covering various exam topics.
Recruitment 2023: UPSC Announces Job Vacancies for Consultants
The UPSC is inviting applications from retired government deputy secretaries/undersecretaries up to 64 years of age as consultants. Read on to know eligibility criteria and registration details.Read more >
The institution’s press statement notes that every year, about seven to 10 lakh students in India take the GATE examination. And in 2023, about seven lakh students registered, and about one lakh students successfully qualified. The exam preparation programme on the portal has seen a significant increase in student participation.
So far, the online platform has received over 50,700 registrations.
Things to know
- The NPTEL-GATE portal offers all the features for free.
- Between August 2022 and February 2023, students completed 115 mock tests across six key subjects — electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electronics and communication, physics, and chemistry.
- The current semester started on 15 October, 2023. As part of this, 19 mock tests were completed across seven subjects — including the six mentioned above in addition to biotechnology.
How to apply?
- Participants can register using an active email ID and mobile number on the official website.
- Fill out the online form with accurate information and upload all necessary documents.
For more information, check the official notification.
Edited by Pranita Bhat