This course, developed by domain experts and expert committee members of FSSAI, offers 17 different types of competency-based certification programmes.
With The Positive Collective, The Better India’s COVID-19 coverage is available to regional language publications for free. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
In an attempt to help and equip food businesses to function smoothly and reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19, the Food Safety Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has launched a training programme for food businesses under its flagship Food Safety Training & Certification programme (FoSTaC).
The online training programme addresses the challenges that food businesses are facing during this period. This is to ensure the uninterrupted supply of food while protecting the workers, customers and all involved in the supply chain.
How to Apply For It?
- Click here and fill out the following details in the form:
- Aadhar number
- First and Last name
- Father’s/Mother’s name
- FBO (as mentioned in the FSSAI license)
- State, District, City
- E-mail and Mobile number
2. It is essential to fill out all the details to be able to register.
3. Once the form is submitted, you will be redirected to a new page where a successful submission message along with an application number will flash on your screen.
4. You will then have to wait for an FSSAI training partner to contact you.
- This course has been developed by domain experts and by expert committee members of FSSAI.
- It offers 17 different types of competency-based certification programmes.
- The duration of each course ranges from 8 to 12 hours, which is spread over 1 to 2 days.
- The training manuals are based on general hygiene or manufacturing practices.
There are three levels available to be undertaken – Basic, Advanced, and Special.
Basic level certification
- Meant for food business.
- Duration of each course is of 4 hours.
- Course: – (1) Street Food Vending,(2) Catering,(3) Manufacturing/Processing,(4) Storage & Transport, and (5) Retail & Distribution
Advance level certification
- Meant for State & Central Licensed food business.
- Duration of each course is 8 hours.
- Course: – (1) Catering (2) Manufacturing / Processing, (3) Storage & Transport, and (5) Retail & Distribution
Special level certification
- Meant for a highrisk food business or the food business, which require special attention.
- Duration of the special course is 8-12 hours. Spread over 1-2 days.
- Course: – (1) Milk & Milk Products, (2) Meat & Poultry, (3) Fish & Sea Food, (4) Packaged Water, (5) Bakery (Level 1), (6) Bakery (Level 2), (7) Edible Oil and Fat, (8) Health Supplement
For more details, click here to access the official website.
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)