CBSE will conduct the CTET Exam on 5 July 2020 in 20 languages across 112 cities all over the country.
On 24 January 2020, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) made the application form for Central Teaching Eligibility Test (CTET) available online for candidates who wish to be appointed as teachers at Primary and Upper Primary levels.
The national level examination is conducted twice a year, in July and December. The test is divided into two papers – Paper 1 for candidates who want to teach classes 1-5 and Paper 2 for classes 6-8 in schools across India.
People who wish to teach classes from 1 to 8 will have to take both the papers. The test will be conducted in 20 languages in 112 cities all over the country.
The online process starts with filling the application form followed by uploading soft copies of necessary documents and payment of fees.
Candidates need to submit their forms on the official website of CTET before the closing date of 28 February.
CBSE will conduct the CTET Exam on 5 July 2020.
Online Registration Steps:
- Visit CTET website
- Click and open ‘Apply Now’ tab
- Fill in details like name, state, identification type and identification number, date of birth, choice of exam centre, language of exam, employment status, educational qualifications and contact details.
- Get your CTET 2020 registration number.
- Upload your photograph and signature in the prescribed format (mostly in jpeg)
- Pay online through e-challan or other payment methods (debit card/credit card/net banking). You can also pay offline by downloading the e-challan form and deposit fee in Canara Bank or Syndicate Bank.
- Print or download the confirmation page.
Please Note: All steps are mandatory. Online application submission will be considered as complete only after receipt of “Confirmation Page” by candidate.
Application Fee for GEN/OBC/SC/ST
- Candidates belonging to Other Backward Class (OBC) and General category:
Rs 1,000: Paper 1 or Paper 2
Rs 1,200: For both papers.
- Candidates from categories of Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and differently-abled
Rs 500: Paper 1 or Paper 2
Rs 600: For both papers.
- Jan 24-Feb 24: Online application forms
- Feb 27 (till 3.30 PM): Last date of fee submission through e-challan or credit/debit card
- Feb 28: Final verification of fee payment
- March 17-24: Application form correction window
- July 5: CTET Exam
CTET Cutoff 2020
CBSE will release the cutoff marks category-wise for CTET in July 2020 on CTET website.
Featured image source: Flickr
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)