For just Rs. 600, you can get natural well-defined curls everyday with all natural methods.
If you’ve had a lifelong struggle with properly managing curly hair, your friends may have suggested the ‘Curly Girl Method’ created by Lorraine Massey. Although this method can tame your hair and give you awesome curls, it can also be time-consuming and quite expensive.
Fret not! We’re giving you a pocket-friendly alternative to the Curly Girl Method. The best part? It’s completely natural!
What you’ll need:
1. Argan oil/ almond oil/coconut oil (if you have loose curls)
2. Olive oil, sesame oil, castor oil (if you have tighter curls)
3. Silicone-free clarifying shampoo
4. Sulphate-free conditioner
5. Wide-toothed comb
6. Old T-shirt
Step 1: Oil and De-Coil
- Lightly oil your hair and detangle knots and tangles with your fingers.
- DO NOT comb your hair at any cost. This is one of the golden rules of the curly girl method.
- If you are a person with loose curls, opt for lighter oils like argan, almond and coconut. Whereas if you have tighter curls, choose thicker oils like olive, sesame and castor.
- This step is essential because it reduces the tension in your hair and helps the procedures that follow.
Step 2: Detox Your Hair
- Wash your hair carefully with a clarifying shampoo.
- In the past, you might have used shampoos and conditioners full of sulphate and silicone. This step gives your hair a detox from all these toxins and brings your hair back to life.
- It’s important to remember that this step is only required the first time you do the CG method.
Step 3: Condition Naturally
- Run a good sulphate-free conditioner from your crown to the tips of your hair using your finger. This will help reduce the frizz and dryness.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes and wash it off.
- To remove the tangles in your hair, use a wide-toothed comb, preferably a neem comb, to keep the process completely natural.
Step 4: Flip and Scrunch
- When your hair is still slightly damp, flip it upside down and apply a leave-in conditioner or a natural curl cream.
- If you have loose curls, apply the cream, using the praying hands technique to keep your curls intact. If you have tight curls, distribute the gel using a wide-toothed comb.
- After applying the gel, you’ll have to scrunch your hair with your hands continuously. After three rounds of scrunching with your hand, repeat the process using an old T-shirt.
- Tie up your hair with the same T-shirt and leave it overnight for best results.
- Air-dry your hair the next day; don’t use a comb to dry it.
Repeat the routine for a month continuously till your hair adapts. You’ll soon find yourself flaunting some well-defined curls.
Also Read: Skip The Chemical Dyes: Some Natural Ways To Keep Your Hair Black
(Edited by Gayatri Mishra)