This Perfect Millet Pasta Recipe Doesn’t Compromise on Health or Taste!
Saying no to pasta is tough. And with this healthy nutrition-packed recipe, you never have to! #Lifestyle #EatHealthy
Pasta is awesome! Even when the primary ingredient is the same, the dish is quite versatile. Spaghetti, penne, ravioli, red sauce, white sauce, you pick your choice!
But taste need not compromise on health. And sometimes all you have to do is replace the maida with millet. The following is a red-sauce millet pasta recipe, one which you can whip up for evening meals or dinner.
Beyond Biryani: 8 Must-Try Local Delicacies in Hyderabad & Where To Find Them
Searching for must-try local food in Hyderabad? From savoury paaya to creamy Irani chai, here's a mouthwatering list of dishes to savour on your next trip to Hyderabad!Read more >
Keep these ingredients ready before you begin preparations:
Millet pasta is not very common in the market, and you may want to pre-order it to be prepared. This gluten-free variety is made from the choicest of natural ingredients like multi-millets, jackfruit, tapioca flour and chickpeas.
Another vital ingredient is a preservative-free tomato basil sauce which will uplift the flavours of your pasta. Click here to buy a 400g Bottle at just Rs 380.
The list of ingredients for your red-sauce pasta:
1.5 cups of the Nutriroot pasta
1 tablespoon tomato and basil pasta sauce
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 tomato (chopped)
2 red chillies
4 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon cheese (grated)
1 tablespoon organic olive oil
½ teaspoon pepper
Salt to taste
- Put the chopped tomato, red chillies, garlic and half of the onion in a blender and grind them well. The aim is to make a fine paste. Keep it aside when done.
- In a saucepan, pour enough water to boil the pasta. Add some salt and oil before bringing the pasta to boil. You’ll know it’s cooked well when it is soft, yet firm enough to pick up with a fork. Strain the water when that texture is achieved. Keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat the olive oil and add the finely chopped onions to it. Saute until light brown.
- Add the tomato-onion paste that you made and fry. As the tomatoes start cooking, they will lose their strong smell.
- When they get cooked, add the tomato and basil sauce and pepper. Mix well, so the flavour spreads evenly.
- Add the boiled pasta to this ready sauce and mix it carefully. Make sure the pasta doesn’t break and that the sauce coats evenly.
- Take the pasta off the stove when it is evenly coated and arrange it on a plate or bowl. Spread the grated cheese generously.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
(Edited by Vinayak Hegde)
This story made me