The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) - in an attempt to resolve all confusion and ambiguity - issued a list of 10 documents that can be considered as proof of identity to gain entry to airport terminals and check-in purposes.
Confused about what entails identity proof every time you make a trip to the airport? No more worries!
The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) – in an attempt to resolve all confusion and ambiguity – issued a list of 10 documents that can be considered as proof of identity to gain entry to airport terminals and check-in purposes.
So, the next time you are confused, keep any of the documents from this list handy:
1. You may carry your Passport
2. Or your Voter ID
3. While most preferably carry their Aadhaar card, it is important to note, you may also produce your m-Aadhaar on your phone as a proof of identity.
4. Your Pan Card
5. Your two-wheeler, four-wheeler or heavy motor driving licence
6. Your service ID
7. Your student ID card issued and stamped by the institution/school/college you are currently studying in.
8. Your account passbook from a nationalised bank with photograph.
9. Senior citizens may carry their pension card or pension documents with the photograph.
10. Differently abled citizens may carry their disability ID card or handicapped medical certificate.
In case you are unable to produce any of the above-mentioned documents due to valid reasons like loss of ID cards, BCAS chief Kumar Rajesh Chandra has also put in place a system for flyers to establish your identity, reported the Times of India.
Under this in a situation where a passenger who is unable to produce any of the above photo identity proofs given valid reasons, he/she may produce an identity certificate issued by a gazetted officer of central/state government on their official letterhead with the passenger’s photo, which has to be duly attested by them.
Clearing confusion about the rules for minors, BCAS expressed; while infants or minors accompanied by guardians with a valid ID don’t need to render a separate proof for domestic flights, unaccompanied minors would need a separate id proof for the same.