A 12-year-old boy from north London, Rahul, became an overnight hero on the British reality competition series Child Genius a few days ago, and now he’s won the title!
He beat his 9-year-old opponent, Ronan, 10-4, in the final round.
Rahul’s chosen subject for the final round was Edward Jenner’s medical innovation and methodology in 18th Century England. He bagged the title once he correctly answered a question on 19th Century artists William Holman Hunt and John Everett Millais.
So how much of a genius is Rahul? Well, you can now find out for yourself. Test yourself by answering these seven questions from the show’s final round:
1. Selim I took control of which empire in 1512?
2. Calculate 22 x 8, then subtract 19, multiply by 8 and divide by 2
3. In revolutionary France, who led the committee of public safety?
4. Calculate 41 x 8, subtract 24, multiply by 5, divide by 4 and add 19
5. What is the freezing point of water in degrees kelvin?
6. Calculate 20 x 7, subtract 16, multiply by 6, divide by 8 and add 18
7. The winning question: Of which artistic brotherhood were William Holman Hunt and John Everett Millais?
Feel smarter? Find out the answers here.
Like this story? Or have something to share?
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
NEW: Click here to get positive news on WhatsApp!
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons.
Please read these FAQs before contributing.