A 12-year-old boy from north London, Rahul, became an overnight hero on the British reality competition series Child Genius a few days ago, and now he’s won the title!
He beat his 9-year-old opponent, Ronan, 10-4, in the final round.
Rahul’s chosen subject for the final round was Edward Jenner’s medical innovation and methodology in 18th Century England. He bagged the title once he correctly answered a question on 19th Century artists William Holman Hunt and John Everett Millais.
#MGChangemakers - Episode 2: THE 21-YEAR JOURNEY OF CHANGE | Driving India Into Future
Live Now #MGChangemakers Episode 2 : Touched by poverty, untouchability and atrocities against Musahar- the Mahadalit community of Bihar, Padma Shri Sudha Varghese decided to dedicate her life for their upliftment. Watch the video to learn about her inspirational journey & how she is ‘Driving India Into The Future’. #MGChangemakers powered by MG Motor India and supported by United Nations India. Show your support by donating now: http://bit.ly/Milap-MGChangemakersPosted by TheBetterIndia on Wednesday, July 18, 2018
So how much of a genius is Rahul? Well, you can now find out for yourself. Test yourself by answering these seven questions from the show’s final round:
1. Selim I took control of which empire in 1512?
2. Calculate 22 x 8, then subtract 19, multiply by 8 and divide by 2
3. In revolutionary France, who led the committee of public safety?
4. Calculate 41 x 8, subtract 24, multiply by 5, divide by 4 and add 19
5. What is the freezing point of water in degrees kelvin?
6. Calculate 20 x 7, subtract 16, multiply by 6, divide by 8 and add 18
7. The winning question: Of which artistic brotherhood were William Holman Hunt and John Everett Millais?
Feel smarter? Find out the answers here.