Over 30 entrepreneurs, innovators and leaders of Indian-origin have been featured in Forbes magazine's list of "super achievers" under the age of 30.
Over 30 entrepreneurs, innovators and leaders of Indian-origin have been featured in Forbes magazine’s list of “super achievers” under the age of 30.
The list includes 30 game changers who are at the forefront of 20 specific industries (600 achievers in all).
The industries include heath-care, arts, cinema, and more. According to the magazine, they have chosen people who are “challenging the conventional wisdom and rewriting the rules for the next generation of entrepreneurs, entertainers, educators and more.”
1. One of the Indian-origin entrepreneurs who made the list is Shaun Patel, the orthopaedic surgery chief resident at Harvard Medical School. He also started a company called OrthoNinja, which helps doctors communicate with one another (for consultations, etc.) through an app.
2. At 25, Sudhakar Nuti is an MD candidate for Yale University and studies the healthcare provided in the US.
3. Prathna Desai dropped out of Harvard grad school programme in order to use drones to get medication for people in third world countries. She is currently based in Rwanda.
4. Nishant Gharg and Jimit Shah co-founded FlowLabs created a small wireless enabled device that will help homes conserve water.
5. Anurag Garg is the CEO of Dattus, an Industrial Internet of Things company that helps old manufacturing units to become “smarter” factories.
6. Akshay Goyal, Vice President of Starwood Capital is the youngest VP in the company’s history.
You may also like: Meet the 4 Indian Women Achievers Who Stormed into the Forbes ‘Most Powerful Women 2016’ List
7. Neha Gupta helped launch The Honest Company and played a key role in the sale of Beats by Dre to Apple.
8. Aditya Agarwalla is amongst those featured in the “social entrepreneurs” category. He co-founded the Kisan Network that works like a market-place in the online space for farmers in India.
The 600 who are featured in the magazine were selected from a total of 15,000 nominations, hence making this yet another “over” achievement they can be proud of.