Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO) has released a notification seeking applications to fill almost 400 positions. These positions are all Level 1 officer roles which include – Assistant Engineer in Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil.
Upon selection, the successful candidates will be placed in level 1 of pay matrix for officer at Rs 39,800 – Rs 1,26,500 for a period of 3 months. After the successful completion of their training, they shall be appointed as Assistant Engineer/ Electrical on probation for two years.
- Notification date: 8 January 2020
- Online application start date: 24 January 2020
- Last date of online application submission: 24 February 2020
- Last date for fee payment: 27 February 2020
Who can apply?
- The applicant must have completed 18 years of age as on 1 July 2019.
- The applicant should not have completed 35 years of age if applying under the SC, ST, Widow, Destitute category and should not have completed 30 years of age for all other category of applicants, as on 1 July 2019.
- Applicant must possess adequate knowledge in the local language of the State, which in this case is Tamil. It means that the applicant must have:
- Passed the Secondary School Leaving Certificate Public Examination or its equivalent examination with Tamil as one of the languages,
- Or studied High School course in Tamil Medium and passed the Secondary School Leaving Certificate Public Examination or its equivalent Examination in Tamil Medium.
- Applicants must have a valid Bachelor’s degree in IT, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering depending on the role applied for.
- Candidates selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness from the Medical Officer of rank as stipulated by TANGEDCO.
- Applications containing any wrong or misleading information are likely to be rejected.
How to apply?
- Click here for the official TANGEDCO website.
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ and you will be directed to this page.
- Click on ‘Direct Recruitment of Assistant Engineer (Electrical/Mechanical/Civil) to be directed here.
- You can then click on ‘Link 1, 2 or 3’ to be redirected to the application login page.
- Once you register on the page, you will have to fill in/upload all your personal details, which include – Name, Date of Birth, E-mail id, Address, and photo id.
Things to note:
- Once you have registered, an activation e-mail will be sent to the given email address.
- There will be a set of instructions sent to you via the e-mail, so follow the steps mentioned in it. Once done the registration process will be complete.
- During the registration process, you will also have to select the centre where you wish to appear for the examination.
- The examination centres include – Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Chennai, Trichy, Madurai, Vellore, Erode, Villupuram.
- At every stage of filling out the application form, remember to click on ‘Save’.
Things to remember while getting your photograph clicked
- Photographs taken on mobile phones, which have a distorted face will be rejected. Get a passport-sized photograph clicked by a professional.
- Photographs with any coloured background will be rejected. Only a white background is acceptable.
- If the applicant’s facial area is less than 50 per cent of the total photograph area, the same will be rejected.
- The applicant should be looking straight into the camera and not be seated in any angle.
- If the applicant wears spectacles, there must be no glare on the photograph.
- Dark, tinted sunglasses or spectacles must not be worn when the photograph is being clicked.
- The resolution of the photograph clicked must be atleast 100 x 75 and not below that.
The syllabus for the examination can be found here.
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)
Like this story? Or have something to share?
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons.
Please read these FAQs before contributing.