Summer holidays for me have always been synonymous with exploring and learning a new skill. If you are a resident of Delhi/NCR then here is something that will interest you and keep you safe as well.
The SPUWAC, Special Police Unit for Women and Children, a special body of Delhi Police, is organising a ‘Self Defence Techniques Training Summer Camp 2018’.
This camp aims to safeguard the rights of women and children in the Capital.
Here’s all you need to know about it:
1. This initiative was started in the year 2002 and since then, every summer, a self-defence camp has been organised for the women and girls of Delhi/NCR.
2. To register, you can fill out your details online or visit any of the centres between 10 am to 6 pm on weekdays, including Saturdays. The registrations are open until May 11, 2018.
3. Details such as name, age, occupation, address, names of father/mother, phone number, e-mail id, and preferred locations will need to be submitted.
4. The camp is open only to citizens residing in Delhi/NCR. Girls above the age of 12 are encouraged to participate. There is, however, no upper age limit. The department does request that the participant be reasonably fit.
5. A limit to the training has not been capped. The department has made arrangements, keeping in mind participation in previous years.
6. The training will begin on May 15th and go on until May 30th, from 9 am to 11 a.m. from Mondays to Saturdays.
7. There is no registration fee that is payable towards this training. This is an initiative of the Police department, and they urge more women and children use this opportunity.
8. During this period, there will be a one-day training programme on ‘gender sensitivity’ for boys. The details of this is also available online.
With a tagline that reads–Ab nahi hai darna (you don’t need to fear now), this initiative is sure to find many takers in the capital.
(Edited by Shruti Singhal)