Good News! Southern Railways Will Speed up Over 87 Trains Starting November 1!
Starting November 1st, over 87 trains - including 51 express and 36 passenger trains - running under Southern Railway's jurisdiction will be speeded up after the new timetable comes into effect.
Railway lovers in the south, there’s finally some good for you!
Starting November 1st, over 87 trains – including 51 express and 36 passenger trains – running under Southern Railway’s jurisdiction will be speeded up after the new timetable comes into effect.
The new timetable was made available after a copy of it was leaked on instant messaging platforms, reported the Times of India. The senior railway authorities later confirmed that the leaked copy was the final timetable.
‘My Body Is My Business’: Nimrat Kaur’s Hard-Hitting Message on Weight-Shaming
Trolled for gaining 15 kgs for the role of Bimla Devi in Dasvi, Nimrat Kaur shared her experience and learnings in a powerful message that is going viral on Instagram.Read more >
This list includes over 30 express trains under the Southern Railways, which exercises control over the states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala and over 21 other Express trains which are inter-railway trains.
Here are some highlights from the timetable
- The running time of the Puducherry-Mangalore Weekly Express will be reduced by 75 minutes.
- The Chennai Egmore-Mangalore Express will be sped up by an hour.
- There running time of the Rameswaram Express (16101) will see a 50-minute reduction.
- The Chennai-Sengottai Silambu Express will save another 50 minutes.
- Passengers aboard the Mangalore-Chennai Express will save 40 minutes.
- The Chennai Egmore-Madurai Pandian Express will save 35 minutes (30 minutes in the reverse direction).
- The Faizabad-Rameshwaram Weekly Express will see a 100 minutes reduction in running time.
- The bi-weekly Mangalore-Kacheguda Express will be sped up by 235 minutes.
On a side note, passengers along the Chennai suburban network will also see the introduction of three new MEMU trains from November 1.
A new train from Chengalpet to Thirumalpur. It will leave Chengalpet at 5:15 am and Thirumalpur at 9 pm.
A new MEMU train has also been introduced from Chennai Central to Avadi. It will start from Chennai Central at 2:05 pm and return from Avadi along the route starting 2:50 pm.
The Chennai Central-Avadi MEMU starting at 8:40 pm will also be extended to Tiruvallur.
A new MEMU will run from Chennai Beach to Tiruvallur, starting at 4:40 pm from Chennai Beach and 6:30 pm from Tiruvallur.
Like this story? Or have something to share?
Write to us: email@example.com
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
NEW: Click here to get positive news on WhatsApp!
This story made me