This might be a great idea!
Here's why Science agrees.
1. Soaking rids the fruit of dirt and chemicals used on the crop. These could otherwise cause respiratory tract irritation, allergies, and eye and skin irritation.
2. It helps in getting rid of phytic acid, which is known to block the absorption of minerals like iron, zinc and calcium.
3. Soaking the fruit helps prevent skin issues like acne and pimples.
4. It also keeps headaches, constipation and other gut-related issues at bay.
5. Soaking mangoes reduces their thermogenic property, hence reducing the heat they would otherwise produce in the body.
6. It also reduces the concentration of phytochemicals, thus making them act as ‘natural fat busters’.