Jaskiran Singh recently became the first ‘crorepati’ on Season 15 of Kaun Banega Crorepati, the popular quiz-based reality show hosted by Amitabh Bachchan.Think you’ve got what it takes to answer those crore-rupee questions? Give it a shot!
1. Question for Rs 1 crore (S15)What was the aircraft that dropped the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima on 6th Aug 1945, named after?Options-A: A mythical weaponB: A film characterC: The pilot's motherD: The place where it was built.
Answer-C: The pilot's mother whose name was Enola Gay.
2. Question for Rs 1 crore (S15)Who was the Viceroy of India when the capital of India was shifted from Calcutta to Delhi?Options-A: Lord CurzonB: Lord HardingeC: Lord MintoD: Lord Read Reading.
Answer- B: Lord Hardinge
3. Question for Rs 7 crore (S15)According to the Padma Purana, which king had to live as a tiger for a hundred years due to a deer’s curse?Options-A: KshemadhuritB: DharmadattaC: MitadhvajaD: Prabhanjana.
4. Question for Rs 7 crore (S14)Gundappa Vishwanath, the first Indian to score a double century on first-class debut, achieved that feat against which team?Options-A: ServicesB: AndhraC: MaharashtraD: Saurashtra
Answer- B: Andhra
5. Question for Rs 7 Crore (S13)What was the title of the thesis that Dr B R Ambedkar submitted to the London School of Economics, for which he was awarded his doctorate in 1923?Options-A: The Want And Means Of IndiaB: The Problem Of The RupeeC: National Dividend Of IndiaD: The Law And Lawyers
Answer- B: The Problem Of The Rupee
6. Question for Rs 7 crore (S12)The historic Indo-Pak talks of 1972 between Indira Gandhi and Zulfikar Ali Bhutto were held at which place in Shimla?Options-A: Viceregal LodgeB: Gorton CastleC: Barnes CourtD: Cecil Hotel.
Answer- C: Barnes Court
7. Question for Rs 1 crore (KBC Junior)In 1992, who became the first sportsperson to be honoured with the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award?Options-A: Vishwanathan AnandB: Sachin TendulkarC: Geet SethiD: Leander Paes
Answer-A: Vishwanathan Anand
8. Question for Rs 7 crore (S11)What was the name of all the three soccer clubs set up with the help of Mahatma Gandhi in the early 20th century at Durban, Pretoria and Johannesburg?Options-A: Truth SeekersB: Non-ViolentsC: Passive ResistersD: Non Co-operators
Answer- C: Passive Resisters
9. Question for Rs 1 crore (S10)Which case was heard by the largest ever constitution bench of 13 Supreme Court judges?Options-A: Golaknath caseB: Ashok Kumar caseC: Shah Bano caseD: Kesavananda Bharati Case
Answer- D: Kesavananda Bharati Case
10. Question for Rs 1 crore (S5)What was the only dowry, apart from a few yards of khadi, that Lal Bahadur Shastri accepted in his marriage?Options-A: Bhagavad GitaB: KhadaunmC: Gandhi topiD: Charkha