thebetterindia The Better India
The Better India is an award-winning initiative and is the country’s largest impact media platform. If you are looking to provide significant meaning to your work, then we might have the right role for you!
- WordPress, Node, and React will make up a large portion of our technology stack. You should have significant experience with one or more of these, and be willing to learn the ones you’re less familiar with.
- Ability to use Git(hub) is essential. You should be comfortable branching, merging, creating pull requests, and reviewing the code of your peers.
- You should be comfortable practicing Agile development.
- Written and verbal communication skills are a must. You should be able to communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues. Experience writing documentation is a plus.
- We care deeply about social impact & journalism and hope you do, too.
- We won’t ask you to write a linked list or a binary search tree. But we do want to know how you solve problems. The ability to develop simple, elegant solutions—with an eye for maintainability—is paramount.
- Our team solves problems together, with creativity and collaboration. You should feel comfortable asking for help when you’re stuck and listen with compassion when your fellow colleagues ask the same of you.
- We adopt new technologies carefully, with an eye for stability and reliability. Tested code is the best code.
- You should feel comfortable using the command line. (You should know how to exit vim without using StackOverflow. )
- Computer Science Engineering degree
- Experience using Cloud-based services (Amazon Web Services (AWS) etc) in a production environment
- Experience working with WordPress
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org