The Better India is Asia’s largest media platform for impact, reaching millions of people every month! We do stories about unsung heroes, innovators, changemakers and everything making a positive impact in the country. We are a multi-platform, digital media house, bringing a paradigm shift in the way the world consumes content.
We are currently looking for an experienced sales professional who will be responsible to drive revenues for the company.
What will be the core responsibilities of a Regional Head – Business Development
- Mapping out the key advertisers across the region
- Regularly contacting, prospecting for, and developing new advertising opportunities with key clients and agency stakeholders
- The candidate is expected to be well connected with direct online advertisers and media agencies
- Managing clients, from initial engagement, to campaign completion, to re-engagement
- Developing clear and consistent strategies to achieve the stated business goals and revenue targets
- Ensuring a healthy funnel for the business at any point of time
- Ability to independently implement the sales plan
- Maintaining and updating key business reports
What we are looking for
- Overall work experience of 8–10 years, with minimum 4 years experience in ad sales & at least 2 years doing digital content sales
- Problem-solving attitude. Delivering creative content solutions to help brands with maximum outreach against their investment.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams. Effectively meet client commitments by working with teams across organization – editorial, multimedia, social media, legal & finance. Manage client expectation while adhering to the highest editorial practice
- Relationship management skills – Ability to plan, schedule & effectively deliver as per commitments to each client. Ability to scale brand / agency partnerships year on year.
- Astute negotiation skills with ability to think well on one’s feet
- People person – Patiently understand different perspectives and build strong relationships across the board.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – You have clarity in what you communicate, whether over email or phone or in-person.
- Self-motivated – Ability to work under high-pressure environments and maturity to understand the business needs at all points.
To apply, please email your profile to email@example.com with the subject “Regional Head – Business Development”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org