To apply, please submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) is India’s largest constructive journalism platform. Our stories create large scale impact by turning inspiration into action. We write stories about unsung heroes, innovators, change makers and everything making a positive impact in the country. We are a multi-functional, impact-driven, revolutionary digital media company that is driving large-scale impact by pioneering positive journalism and responsible consumption.
We have now launched our eCommerce platform, https://karnival.com/ to help millions of micro & small enterprises leverage technology and get access to large consumer markets. It is a marketplace that connects producers who make sustainable products with consumers seeking better lifestyle alternatives. Sellers on our platform are skilled artisans and farmers from marginalized communities, and innovators across the country. It is a platform where every purchase triggers a change for the better. We are leveraging E-commerce to enhance the quality of lives for both - the consumers with better alternatives; and the sellers with access to a larger market.
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated senior copy editor to join our editorial team.
As a Senior Copy Editor at The Better India, you will
- Edit copies, rewrite them, make every story written by a writer a delight to read
- Proofread, fact check, and take responsibility for the quality of content on the website, delivering on time and with perfection
- Train writers in improved writing techniques
- Manage a team of copy editors and sub-editors; train them in improving speed and efficiency
- Research and introduce new content strategies that are meaningful and can help TBI tap into newer audiences, increase loyalty among current readers and engagement of the platform
- Create systems, processes, style guides, etc. to improve the overall functioning of the editorial team
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our ideal colleague will be
- Someone with graduation/post graduation in mass communication/journalism and at least 8 years of experience in editing and publishing digital content
- Highly capable of editing articles created by the team with deadlines, ensuring error-free copies
- An individual with a million story ideas that you'd like to bring to the world
- Someone who cares deeply for the environment, the state of education, the downtrodden, history, farmers, the arts - just about everything!
- Someone who lives and breathes the internet, has used online content management systems like WordPress, and is social media savvy