To apply, please submit CV to email@example.com
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 60 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest solutions-focused platform.
We have now launched our eCommerce platform, https://karnival.com/ to help millions of micro & small enterprises leverage technology and get access to large consumer markets. It is a marketplace that connects producers who make sustainable products with consumers seeking better lifestyle alternatives. Sellers on our platform are skilled artisans and farmers from marginalized communities, and innovators across the country. It is a platform where every purchase triggers a change for the better. We are leveraging E-commerce to enhance the quality of lives for both - the consumers with better alternatives; and the sellers with access to a larger market.
As a Front End Developer at Karnival.com, you will
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js, ES6, NodeJS, NoSQL.
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
Our ideal colleague will be
- An individual with a solid background in Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture with 2+ years of work experience
- Having a thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experienced with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Knowledgeable on isomorphic React
- Familiar with AWS and RESTful APIs
- Knowledgeable on modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Experienced with a testing framework (Jest/Mocha)
- Familiar with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Able to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiar with datastores like PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis etc.
- Familiar with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN