To apply, please submit CV to email@example.com
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 60 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest solutions-focused platform.
We have now launched our eCommerce platform, https://karnival.com/ to help millions of micro & small enterprises leverage technology and get access to large consumer markets. It is a marketplace that connects producers who make sustainable products with consumers seeking better lifestyle alternatives. Sellers on our platform are skilled artisans and farmers from marginalized communities, and innovators across the country. It is a platform where every purchase triggers a change for the better. We are leveraging E-commerce to enhance the quality of lives for both - the consumers with better alternatives; and the sellers with access to a larger market.
We are looking to hire a CFO for our Bangalore office.
As a CFO at the The Better India, Bangalore, you will
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance
- Play a key role in any further fundraising activities
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company
- Supervise financial reporting, budgeting, and compliance activities
- Review financial reports for ways to reduce costs
- Work well with leadership team to develop the strategic plan
Our ideal colleague will be
- Someone with proven experience as CFO, finance officer or relevant role, preferably with 15+ years of total experience
- A Graduate/ Post Graduate in Accounting/ Finance or relevant field; CPA is an advantage
- Having experience in fundraising
- Possessing in depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Someone with excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software
- An individual with an analytical mind and comfortable with numbers