Sub-editor/Writer - Malayalam
Experience required:3-5 yrs
To apply, please submit CV to email@example.com
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) is India’s largest constructive journalism platform. Our stories create large scale impact by turning inspiration into action. We are looking for a writer/sub-editor for our Malayalam website (malayalam.thebetterindia.com). In this role, you will work with the editorial team and come up with well-narrated stories of inspiring lives and unsung heroes and innovations that change many lives.
All the stories should be informative and told in a very simple language. You will have to find engaging stories from the ground that will establish the identity of The Better India as THE destination to look forward to great exclusive features.
The person needs to have a good understanding of fair journalistic practices, excellent writing skills and should be well aware of new media tools.
As a Sub-editor/Writer - Malayalam at the The Better India you will
1. Find feature stories for a Kerala/Malayalam audience.
2. Write engaging feature stories with an online audience in mind.
3. Suggest catchy headlines for stories.
4. Write scripts for short videos
5. Write interesting social media posts
6. Edit copies
7. Translate from English to Malayalam
8. Travel to meet subjects and prepare exclusive long feature stories.
Our ideal colleague will be
1. A journalist/writer with 3 to 5 years’ experience in media
2. Someone who has online media experience
3. A good writer in Malayalam--who can write with great flair and ease
4. Having good understanding of the online audience
5. Someone who can write long stories of different categories--news, features, interviews, etc.
6. Possessing an understanding of different types of visual stories--news, feature, travel, drama,
7. Good at online research and comfortable with multi-tasking