To apply, please submit CV to email@example.com
Every company promises to change the world. Join one that actually does it.
How do we do it?
The first step to changing the world is changing hearts and minds. The stories of people who are leading by example are moving millions to action. The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 60 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest solutions-focused platform.
The next step is building the tools that amplify and scale up the impact. Our latest venture is Karnival.com, an impact focussed e-commerce platform. Karnival.com is leading the movement to drive conscious consumption by enabling discovery and access to sustainable products. It aims to improve the lives of millions of micro and small entrepreneurs in India and positively affect the environment by changing the way we consume things.
As a Sourcing & Supply Chain Manager at The Better India, you will
- Take full ownership of identifying, selecting and managing MSME manufacturers for our line of products at The Better
- Manage End-to-end product sourcing and development including developing product attributes, procuring packaging, labelling, etc. from a production perspective
- Work with MSMEs across India to understand their gaps, help connect them with the right providers and help them scale
- Implement strict quality control processes and scaling models for these MSMEs
- Conduct constant process improvements and create efficiencies in sourcing, supply chain, logistics, distribution of these products
- Engage in forecasting of budgets for sourcing and contract manufacturing – this will include projected quantities to produce and sales of products
- Engage in identification and development of new product lines based on demand analysis
- Identify product ideas and improvements by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
Our ideal colleague will
- Be a Graduate/ Post-Graduate with 8-12 years of experience in contract manufacturing & sourcing, preferably in the FMCG industry
- Have in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes in MSMEs, preferably those making consumer products
- Have an existing network of MSMEs across India with whom they have worked with
- Be someone with inclination on social impact or livelihoods impact
- Be a self-starter, with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation, ready to take initiative and ownership of the job
- Be proficient with monitoring, managing and reporting data and information (Microsoft Excel)
- Be able to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Be able to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment