Social Media Manager
Experience required: 4-5 yrs
To apply, please submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to make a positive impact in the world? Do you knack for making a buzz on Social Media with brands?
At The Better India, our main goal is to spread positivity. E-commerce is a tool, and we are leveraging it to enable people to live better lives, and have a good effect on the world. At the same time, we are intent on bringing income to extremely talented merchants from villages, marginalized communities, and the like.
We are looking for someone who can drive our presence on Social Media. We need someone who has experience in managing the social media presence of a brand, who is familiar with social media campaigns, from execution to tracking and reporting. We are looking for someone with a passion for striking relevant conversations, and who can handle a crisis if the need should arise. We need someone who wants to use their skills to make a positive impact on society.
Role and responsibilities
- Formulating SoMe strategy, preparing SoMe plan and SoMe calendar
- Setting clear targets for our Social Media
- Working with a budget to achieve targets
- Planning, executing, and reporting on campaigns: Plan campaigns based on a desired objective, execute them, and track them for reporting conversions (sales!)
- Setting up engagement strategies (with our audience) and executing the same, across channels. Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Work on building a highly engaged community
- Heading the creation of content based on requirements. Working with the editorial/video teams to understand and develop these requirements
- Developing and setting up an Influencer Marketing strategy
- Keeping a track of SoMe trends, keeping a track of what competitors are doing, as well as clutter-breaking content from all of SoMe
- Should be able to demonstrate proficiency with SoMe campaign and analytics tool. Should keep track of trends in these tools and emerging technologies, and provide thought leadership and recommendation on the same when necessary
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy, and implement ongoing education to the team to remain highly effective
- A zeal to make a positive impact on the world! We are building a unique digital company that has a huge impact on millions of lives.
- 4-5 years work in Social Media Management, especially for a digital/e-commerce brand
- Must be able to communicate (spoken and written) in fluent and grammatically correct English (after all, you are representing the brand!)
- You will be on the front lines! You must display a passion for the brand and everything it stands for
- Sound knowledge of all SoMe channels, existing and emerging
- A good eye for creatives and visuals
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress