Social Media Community Manager - E-commerce
Experience required: 1-3 yrs
To apply, please submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change makers and innovators of the country. It is today Asia’s largest solutions-focused platform. We have now launched The Better India Shop (shop.thebetterindia.com) to help millions of small & medium enterprises get access to large consumer markets. This is a marketplace that connects enterprises making great products with consumers seeking better alternatives in their purchases. And yes, every purchase makes an impact.
Do you want to make a positive impact in the world? Do you knack for making a buzz on Social Media with brands? At The Better India, our main goal is to spread positivity. E-commerce is a tool, and we are leveraging it to enable people to live better lives, and have a good effect on the world. At the same time, we are intent on bringing income to extremely talented merchants from villages, marginalized communities, and the like.
We are looking for someone who can drive our presence on Social Media. We need someone who has experience in managing the social media presence of a brand, who is familiar with social media campaigns, from execution to tracking and reporting. We are looking for someone with a passion for striking relevant conversations, and who can handle a crisis if the need should arise. We need someone who wants to use their skills to make a positive impact on society.
As a Social Media Community Manager for the Shop at the The Better India you will
1. Be formulating SoMe strategy, preparing SoMe plan and SoMe calendar
2. Set clear targets for our Social Media
3. Work with a budget to achieve targets
4. Plan campaigns based on a desired objective, execute them, and track them for reporting conversions (sales!)
5. Set up engagement strategies (with our audience) and execute the same, across channels. Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
6. Work on building a highly engaged community
7. Handle the creation of content based on requirements. Work with the editorial/video teams to understand and develop these requirements
8. Develop and set up an Influencer Marketing strategy
9. Keep a track of - SoMe trends, competitor activity, as well as clutter-breaking content from all of SoMe
10. Demonstrate proficiency with SoMe campaign and analytics tool. Should keep track of trends in these tools and emerging technologies, and provide thought leadership and recommendation on the same when necessary
11. Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy, and implement ongoing education to the team to remain highly effective
Our ideal colleague will be
1. Someone with a zeal to make a positive impact on the world! We are building a unique digital company that has a huge impact on millions of lives.
2. An individual with 4-5 years work in Social Media Management, especially for a digital/e-commerce brand
3. Able to communicate (spoken and written) in fluent and grammatically correct English (after all, you are representing the brand!)
4. On the front lines! You must display a passion for the brand and everything it stands for
5. Having sound knowledge of all SoMe channels, existing and emerging
6. Someone with a good eye for creatives and visuals
7. A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary
8. Strong on functional knowledge and experience with WordPress