To apply, please submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Every organization claims to change the world. Join one that actually does it.
How do we do it?
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) is India’s largest social impact platform. We use the power of stories to inspire millions into action. Stories of unsung heroes, changemakers and innovators who are making the world a better place. And campaigns that have transformed communities, revived a lake, lit up villages, and brought international glory to inventors.
With a monthly audience of over 50 million, and leading influencers like policy-makers, business leaders as followers, The Better India is today one of the most credible and respected voice in its space.
Our latest venture is Karnival.com, an impact focused e-commerce platform. Karnival.com is leading the movement to drive conscious consumption by enabling discovery and access to sustainable products. It aims to improve the lives of millions of micro and small entrepreneurs in India and positively affect the environment by changing the way we consume things.
We are now launching our own brand of consumer products - that conceptualized and crafted around the core of sustainable living. Our vision is to make it India’s largest and most credible brand of multi-category sustainable products. A brand that has impact at its heart – impact on health, environment and our communities.
Excited? Read on.
As a Web Developer, you will :
- Work on setup, install and configure WordPress CMS & Plugins.
- Design and implement new features and functionality.
- Develop templates and plugins from scratch.
- Ensure high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Implement effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Create dynamic content such as carousels, videos, animations on the website.
- Put website content in defined sections and webpages along with various buttons, forms, content download options, etc.
- Design real-time sections such as contact us pages and collect data of the users are mentioned.
- Conduct maintenance of the website as per the upgrades provides in plugins to keep content, images, buttons, sections, webpages intact.
- Communicate proactively with the WPEngine (our managed hosting provider) support team to resolve issues or get assistance from them.
- Implement plugins when plugins are ideal (and knowing when they aren't).
- Implement 3rd-party libraries and basic APIs.
- Assist marketing team on marketing automation and technical SEO activities related to the website.
- Experience with WordPress Multisite.
- Good working experience in MySQL including the use of efficient SQL commands.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN.
- Expert knowledge of WordPress - custom post types, custom fields, plugins, theme development.
- WordPress APIs, WordPress database and its table relationships.
- WordPress certification is a plus.
- Experience implementing tech SEO is essential.
- Excellent communication skills.