Experience required: 10+ yrs
To apply, please submit CV to email@example.com
At The Better India, our main goal is to spread positivity. E-commerce is a tool, and we are leveraging it to enable people to live better lives, and have a good effect on the world. At the same time, we are intent on bringing income to extremely talented merchants from villages, marginalized communities, and the like.
As Marketing Head, you will be heading the effort to reach a relevant audience, to increase and maintain sales, and to create and sustain brand awareness. Relevant communication must be delivered via high impact channels, and we have to measure the efficacy of our communication and other marketing efforts to the end of increasing conversions (whether it is purchasing a product, or changing a mindset). You will also be leading the effort to augment our marketing capabilities by providing relevant insights, making recommendations on tools, keeping a tab on emerging trends, and providing suggestions that will improve our efforts.
Role and responsibilities
Getting our message out there:
- Setting up, implementing and managing the overall brand marketing strategy, primarily digital, but partially offline as well.
- Planning, directing, and adjusting multiple marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising.
- Planning and executing influencer marketing.
- Creating and maintaining offline partnerships.
- Measure and report on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns. Track ROI of spends.
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests. Conduct A/B testing.
- Work closely with the creative team to create engagement-worthy content.
- Work with a marketing budget, negotiating contracts with third parties if need be.
Augmenting TBI’s marketing capabilities:
- Identify market trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Identify new and emerging channels of communication we may be able to tap into.
- Use data to model user personas.
- Review, suggest, and implement necessary marketing tools. Should be able to demonstrate their effectiveness.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Track product trends to spot demand for new goods.
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Keep a track of competitor trends, communication, and schemes.
- A zeal to make a positive impact on the world! We are building a unique digital company that has a huge impact on millions of lives.
- 10+ years experience in marketing in the e-commerce/online space.
- Must be able to effectively run a team.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Sound knowledge of SEO, SEM, email marketing, social media, display advertising.
- Experience in dealing with third parties (like media buying agency, digital ad agency, creative agency, UX designers, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics is a must).
- Highly creative in identifying target audiences.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Ability to focus on details.