To apply, please submit CV to email@example.com
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 60 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest solutions-focused platform.
We have now launched our eCommerce platform, https://karnival.com/ to help millions of micro & small enterprises leverage technology and get access to large consumer markets. It is a marketplace that connects producers who make sustainable products with consumers seeking better lifestyle alternatives. Sellers on our platform are skilled artisans and farmers from marginalized communities, and innovators across the country. It is a platform where every purchase triggers a change for the better.
We are currently looking for a Manager - Media Sales who will be responsible to drive online media sales for the company with the goal of driving significant revenue and establishing brand position among the online advertisers
As a Manager at The Better India, you will
- Drive sales from a dedicated set of industry verticals
- Regularly contact, prospect for, and develop new advertising opportunities with key clients and agency stakeholders
- Be well connected with direct online advertisers and media agencies
- Manage clients from initial engagement to campaign completion to re-engagement
- Develop clear and consistent strategies to achieve the stated business goals and revenue targets
- Ensure a healthy funnel for the business at any point of time
- Independently implement the sales plan
- Maintain and update key business reports
Our ideal colleague will be
- A professional with 5+ years experience, with minimum 2 years experience in ad sales & 1 year doing digital content sales
- A problem solver delivering creative content solutions to help brands with maximum outreach against their investment.
- Able to work with cross-functional teams. Effectively meet client commitments by working with teams across organization - editorial, multimedia, social media, legal & finance. Manage client expectations while adhering to the highest editorial practice
- A pro at managing relationships - Ability to plan, schedule & effectively deliver as per commitments to each client. Ability to scale brand / agency partnerships year on year.
- Self-motivated - Ability to work under high-pressure environments and maturity to understand the business needs at all points.
- A great negotiator, quick learner, thinker and doer
- Extremely proactive and ready to take initiative and run with new ideas
- An exceptional communicator with superlative written and oral communications skills, creativity, and attention to detail