To apply, please submit CV to email@example.com
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 60 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest solutions-focused platform.
We have now launched our eCommerce platform, https://karnival.com/ to help millions of micro & small enterprises leverage technology and get access to large consumer markets. It is a marketplace that connects producers who make sustainable products with consumers seeking better lifestyle alternatives. Sellers on our platform are skilled artisans and farmers from marginalized communities, and innovators across the country. It is a platform where every purchase triggers a change for the better. We are leveraging E-commerce to enhance the quality of lives for both - the consumers with better alternatives; and the sellers with access to a larger market.
Want your code to change the world? Here's where you get started!
As a Full Stack Developer at Karnival.com , you will
- Be helping us build delightful products and experiences for small enterprises to sell and for consumers to buy on TBI Shop.
- Contribute at all levels of our web application stack, ranging from back-end technologies (Python, NodeJS, PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS, Kafka) and front-end stack (ReactJS, HTML/CSS/SAAS, Bootstrap/Material UI )
- Coordinate closely with other engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Have access to our customers, suppliers and analytics to make better decisions as we believe strongly in using both quantitative and qualitative methods to guide decisions
- Work on weekly releases as we believe in shipping code fast and build on it
Our ideal colleague will be
- An individual who can define and solve unconstrained problems, and know when to seek help when no progress is being made.
- Someone with B.E/ B.Tech Degree and 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Someone who is comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your work.
- Someone with “leave it better than you found it” mentality, and is willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write.
- The one who loves to experiment and use data to drive decision-making.
- Someone who is generous with time and experience, and can mentor other engineers.