To apply, please submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Every organization claims to change the world.Join one that actually does it.
How do we do it?
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) is India’s largest social impact platform. We use the power of stories to inspire millions into action. Stories of unsung heroes, changemakers and innovators who are making the world a better place. And campaigns that have transformed communities, revived a lake, lit up villages, and brought international glory to inventors.
With a monthly audience of over 50 million, and leading influencers like policy-makers, business leaders as followers, The Better India is today one of the most credible and respected voice in its space.
In 2019, we launched Karnival.com, an impact focused e-commerce platform. Karnival.com is leading the movement to drive conscious consumption by enabling discovery and access to sustainable products. It aims to improve the lives of millions of micro and small entrepreneurs in India and positively affect the environment by changing the way we consume things.
Our latest venture is The Better Home, a consumer products brand conceptualized and crafted around the core of sustainable living. Our mission is to make it India’s largest and most credible brand of sustainable products. It is a brand with impact at its heart – impact on health, environment and our communities.
Excited? Read on.
A strategic role, with razor-sharp focus on development of innovative and sustainable products, starting with the home care category (laundry detergent, dishwashing, floor and toilet cleaners), subsequently expanding to other categories per business requirements. Sustainability sits at the core of The Better Home brand, and the mandate is to deliver high-performance products that are healthier, environmentally safe, and categorically backed by scientific evidence for eco-friendliness, toxicity, biodegradability etc.
- Lead our new product innovation with commercial viability to ensure we own the IP and go to market on time with commercial profitability
- Leverage consumer insights and competitor analysis data to create formulations that fit needs of the environmentally conscious consumer
- Develop quality parameters for ingredients, create specifications for the recipe and production process, and ensure Quality audits are done as required
- Work with third parties like research agencies, testing labs and certification institutions to ensure end-product quality, timelines and adherence to
- fundamentals of product features
- Identify partners (preferably MSMEs) for sourcing and manufacturing at commercially viable terms.
- Focus on packaging material innovation to ensure that the product is ready to ship in 100% sustainable packaging
- Manage product trials, go-to-market planning and partner agreements etc.
Our ideal colleague will be
- A postgraduate in Chemical Engineering or Life Sciences with 10+ years of applied research experience.
- Experienced in scientific/technical management, and a specialist in new product formulation / R&D/ innovation in the domestic cleaning products category
- Well versed with Sourcing and Supply Chain processes
- An individual with creative instincts, along with strong analytical skills
- A well-networked individual, with access to third party expertise required to deliver the project
- Self-driven and keen to work as an individual contributor in a lean set-up
- Excellent at Project management and GTM execution