Director - Business Development
Location: Mumbai or Bangalore
Experience required:10+ yrs
To apply, please submit CV to email@example.com
The Better India is Asia’s largest media platform for impact, reaching millions of people every month! We do stories about unsung heroes, innovators, changemakers and everything making a positive impact in the country. We are a multi-platform, digital media house, bringing a paradigm shift in the way the world consumes content.
We are currently looking for a Director - Business Development who will be responsible to drive online media sales for the company with the goal of driving significant revenue and establishing brand position among the online advertisers.
As Director - Business Development at the The Better India you will
1. Develop key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans.
2. Successful execution of strategies to achieve the company’s financial targets.
3. Reach annual targets, build relationships and understand customer trends.
4. Effectively communicate the value proposition to potential clients through proposals and presentations
5. Reporting on key metrics on a regular basis
6. Regularly contact and develop new advertising opportunities with key clients and agency stakeholders
7. Be well connected with direct online advertisers and media agencies
8. Manage clients from initial engagement to campaign completion to re-engagement
Our ideal colleague will be
1. A professional with 10+ years of experience, with a minimum of 4 years experience in ad sales & 2 years of digital content sales
2. Someone with proven ability to manage a team of business development executives/ managers
3. Highly passionate about sales/ business development
4. A problem solver delivering creative content solutions to help brands with maximum outreach against their investment.
5. Able to work with cross-functional teams. Effectively meet client commitments by working with teams across the organization - editorial, multimedia, social media, legal and finance.
6. Manage client expectations while adhering to the highest editorial practices
7. Self-motivated - Ability to work under high-pressure environments and maturity to understand the business needs at all points.
8. A great negotiator, quick learner, thinker and doer
9. Extremely proactive and ready to take initiative and run with new ideas
10. An exceptional communicator with superlative written and oral communication skills, creativity, and attention to detail