Copywriter - E-commerce
Experience required: 1-2 yrs
To apply, please submit CV to email@example.com
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change makers and
innovators of the country. It is today Asia’s largest solutions-focused platform. We have now launched The
Better India Shop (shop.thebetterindia.com) to help millions of small and medium enterprises get access to
large consumer markets. This is a marketplace that connects enterprises making great products with
consumers seeking better alternatives in their purchases. And yes, every purchase makes an impact.
We are looking for a copywriter for our Bangalore office.
As a copywriter for the Shop at the The Better India you will
1. Understand the story and purpose behind a product and translate that into a captive narrative
2. Conduct primary and secondary research to add value to the product narrative with statistics, comparable, etc.
3. Creatively make the product page with the right aesthetics, creative and design
4. Get the right balance between creativity and practicality (the story-telling aspects with product specs, etc)
5. Understand what the customer needs and requires, and make sure the content entices a customer to buy.
6. Come up with new ideas to tell a great story and experiment.
7. Effectively manage SEO within product detail pages and category detail pages
8. Possess strong understanding of the relationships between page views, conversion and other relevant web based KPIs and action information accordingly
Our ideal colleague will be
1. Someone with 1 year experience in an ad agency or creative content agency or e-commerce platform desired
2. A graduate in creative, language (English) or communications field
3. Preferably someone with experience in SEO
4. Versatile with different content formats and willing to experiment
5. Possessing basic photo editing skills
6. A quick learner, thinker and doer
7. Extremely proactive and ready to take initiative and run with new ideas
8. Able to work with tight deadlines and willing to take feedback and make changes as required
9. Having a collaborative spirit
10. Exceptionally good at written and oral communication, creativity, and attention to detail