To apply, please submit CV to email@example.com
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 60 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest solutions-focused platform.
We have now launched our eCommerce platform, https://karnival.com/ to help millions of micro & small enterprises leverage technology and get access to large consumer markets. It is a marketplace that connects producers who make sustainable products with consumers seeking better lifestyle alternatives. Sellers on our platform are skilled artisans and farmers from marginalized communities, and innovators across the country. It is a platform where every purchase triggers a change for the better. We are leveraging E-commerce to enhance the quality of lives for both - the consumers with better alternatives; and the sellers with access to a larger market. We are hiring a copywriter who can create great copy for each product uploaded on website and match them successfully with the guidelines of Karnival.com, without compromising on our ethos and quality.
As a Product Copywriter at Karnival.com, you will
- Understand the story and purpose behind a product and translate that into a captive narrative.
- Conduct primary and secondary research to add value to the product narrative with statistics and comparables.
- Get the right balance between creativity and practicality (the story-telling aspects with product specs, etc).
- Understand what the customer needs and requires, and make sure the content entices a customer to buy.
- Create 30-35 good-quality, accurate product copies per day (150-300 words each), based on inputs from the team, for upload onto the Karnival online shop.
- Create 4-8 accurate, in-depth vendor descriptions per day (100-200 words each) covering the vendor story and sustainability stories in detail
Our ideal colleague will be
- Someone with 1 year experience in an ad agency/ creative content agency/ e-commerce platform
- A graduate degree in a creative, language (English) or communications
- Experienced with SEO writing
- Versatile with different content formats and willing to experiment
- Possessing basic photo editing skills
- A quick learner, thinker and doer
- Extremely proactive and ready to take initiative and run with new ideas
- Able to work with tight deadlines and willing to take feedback and make changes as required
- Having exceptional written and oral communications skills, creativity, and attention to detail are a must