Experience required:2-5 yrs
To apply, please submit CV to email@example.com
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) is India’s largest constructive journalism platform. Our stories create large scale impact by turning inspiration into action. In order to increase our impact; we are now launching ‘responsible commerce’ by selling products with a social or environmental impact. For this, we are hiring Category Managers at our Bangalore office who will do a great job of curating unique products that we can sell on TBI, find the seller partners, check if they meet our criteria, negotiate on numbers, understand their story, conceptualise a marketing plan and bring them on board. This is a role that is both creative and number-driven, and requires a multi-skilled and nimble person.
Please read further if you are one such person.
As a Category Manager in the Sustainable Products category at The Better India, Bangalore, you will
1. Understand the criteria for selling products on TBI and be able to find the relevant products with an environmental impact from everywhere in the online and offline world
2. Go to relevant events, markets, etc. to make contacts and onboard merchants
3. Create deep connections and linkages in the environmental and sustainability eco-system in India
4. Have an understanding of the nuances that define good sustainability practices and use the lens to evaluate potential products and partners
5. Work closely with the content and marketing teams for selling and marketing strategies. Leverage splash pages, category banners and social media channels to educate visitors on the features and benefits of products on site
6. Work with the product/marketing teams to manage online pricing strategies such as markdowns and promotions
7. Build relationships and stay in touch with the partners for feedback, new products, etc.
8. Analyze category performance to evaluate on-boarding and cataloging efforts, product sell through, and product opportunities
9. Monitor performance of search and navigation, adding keyword redirects and optimising SEO wherever possible. Effectively manage SEO within product detail pages and category detail pages.
10. Possess strong understanding of the relationships between page views, conversion and other relevant web based KPIs and action information accordingly
11. Be responsible for the promotion and sell through of excessive Inventory
12. Report key findings of performance of units per category
13. Analyze category needs, identify areas of opportunity and provide constructive feedback to the Content and Marketing Services Teams
14. Interpret design inspiration and offline visual merchandising stories for the web to maintain consistent product messaging across channels
15. Ensure flawless data integrity in the maintenance of the merchandise catalogue and information
Our ideal colleague will be
1. A category manager with 2 to 5 years’ experience in a marketplace model e-commerce setup
2. A pro at MS office tools whose thoughts come out as excel rows and columns
3. An Expert in finding unique and meaningful items for sale with a natural knack of connecting with sellers, manufacturers and innovators
4. A great negotiator, quick learner, thinker and doer
5. Internet and social media savvy, aware of the latest trends especially of what people are buying online
6. Extremely proactive and ready to take initiative and run with new ideas
7. An exceptional communicator with superlative written and oral communication skills, creativity, and attention to detail
8. An environment-conscious person who follows a sustainable lifestyle and is deeply involved in the eco-system