Business Development Manager
Experience required: 3-7 yrs
To apply, please submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Better India is India’s largest positive news platform reaching 50 million people every month! We do stories about unsung heroes, innovators, changemakers and everything making a positive impact in the country. We are a multi-platform, digital media house, bringing a paradigm shift in the way the world consume news.
We are currently looking for an experienced sales professional who will be responsible to drive the revenue from the West.
What will be the core responsibilities of a Business Development Manager
1. Responsible for driving sales from a dedicated set of industry verticals
2. Regularly contacting, prospecting for, and developing new advertising opportunities
with key clients and agency stakeholders
3. The candidate is expected to be well connected with direct online advertisers and media
4. Managing clients, from initial engagement, to campaign completion, to re-engagement
5. Developing clear and consistent strategies to achieve the stated business goals and
6. Ensuring a healthy funnel for the business at any point of time
7. Ability to independently implement the sales plan
8. Maintaining and updating key business reports
What we are looking for in a Business Development Manager
1. Overall work experience of 3-7 years, with minimum 3 years experience in ad sales & 1
year doing digital content sales
2. Problem-solving attitude. Delivering creative content solutions to help brands with
maximum outreach against their investment.
3. Ability to work with cross-functional teams. Effectively meet client commitments by
working with teams across organization - editorial, multimedia, social media, legal &
finance. Manage client expectation while adhering to the highest editorial practice
4. Relationship management skills - Ability to plan, schedule & effectively deliver as per
commitments to each client. Ability to scale brand / agency partnerships year on year.
5. Astute negotiation skills with ability to think well on one’s feet
6. People person - Patiently understand different perspectives and build strong
relationships across the board.
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills – You have clarity in what you
communicate, whether over email or phone or in-person.
8. Self-motivated - Ability to work under high-pressure environments and maturity to
understand the business needs at all points.