Every company promises to change the world. Join one that actually does it.
How do we do it?
The first step to changing the world is changing hearts and minds. The stories of people who are leading by example are moving millions to action. The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 60 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest solutions-focused platform.
Our latest venture is The Better Home – a DTC subscription box of eco-friendly, natural Home Cleaners made by MSMEs across the country. This foray is to further our movement to drive conscious consumption by empowering MSMEs to scale on one end and empowering customers to make better choices that positively impact our environment and communities, on another.
Who We’re Looking for:
- A growth marketer with a proven track record of building kick-ass, brag worthy brands
- A digital native, who loves all things internet and understands social media led growth like the back of their hand
- Someone with a broad base of knowledge across marketing disciplines and in-depth expertise in key channels
- A marketer who knows how to connect with an audience, has a creative mind, and lives and breathes data
- Someone who can not only scale and optimize what’s working for us right now, but who is also churning out ideas every day to identify new ways to grow
What We Expect you to do in this Role:
- Be a gatekeeper of the brand’s voice and architect of the brand’s image.
- Lead the growth of a variety of our marketing channels including social media, digital, collaborations, brand campaigns, sponsorships, offline partnerships and any other creative path you choose to go down to achieve our growth goals.
- Manage and develop a high-performing, growing marketing & growth team.
- Aim to continuously launch, analyse, optimise and scale new strategies and campaigns.
- Deploy our marketing budget in ad spend each month and own forecasting, budgeting, detailed measurement and reporting of this progress.
Only apply if you:
Have 8+ years of experience in growth marketing within consumer focussed digital brands (media is a plus)
- Have a deep understanding and expertise in digital marketing i.e in Ad words, GDN, Facebook advertising, Instagram advertising, YouTube advertising, affiliate marketing, retargeting networks, web tracking and attribution.
- Have a strong analytical mindset and belief in data driven decision making. This will entail experience in working with and deciphering large data sets to make strategic decisions.
- Have thorough knowledge of emerging technologies across the digital space and passion to keep up with the latest trends in digital and performance marketing.
- Have a passion to work in entrepreneurial set-ups, creating/ managing a business, comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and working in a constantly evolving business environment.
You’re going to LOVE working with us because you get to:
- Learn from people who know their stuff. We have some of the most intelligent, empathetic and driven team members at The Better India (and we write about some of the most extraordinary people in the country). You get to work directly with our founders.
- Work on exciting stuff. The world is your playground. We have an exciting network of changemakers, some wonderful brands that believe in us, and interesting, dynamic projects. It’s amazing how much you learn just from a ring side view of so many partners.
- Personal Development – We support your growth with mentorship, necessary books, and courses. You get to work with people that push you to be better.
- Freedom. We promise to never micromanage you. We don’t have fixed hours, we only have deadlines. You have the freedom (and all the encouragement) to take on and lead new projects within the company as long as they support our overall goals.
- Be a part of something big. At The Better India we are changing lives every day. 93% of our readers have told us that we’ve inspired them to contribute to positive change, and 95% of our protagonists have been able to bring attention to their causes because of our features. Imagine the positive impact you’ll be able to create around you, by simply doing your job.