Roles And Responsibilities
Every company promises to change the world. Join one that actually does it.
How do we do it?
The first step to changing the world is changing hearts and minds. The stories of people who are leading by example are moving millions to action. The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change-makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 60 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest solutions-focused platform.We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated Correspondent to join our editorial team.
As a Correspondent at The Better India, Bangalore, you will
- Be required to write and publish one high-quality, detailed, exclusive feature on The Better India on every working day
- Find and pitch stories that match The Better India’s requirements, as mentioned by the editorial team
- Come up with, and carry forward, new content series inline with TBI’s editorial policy
- Help the team find and grow contacts, resources and other gains that will ensure the smooth creation of content.
Our ideal colleague will be
- Able to interview 3-4 protagonists for in-depth feature storiesAble to write over 1,200 words feature stories.
- Should have strong network and connections in Kerala
- Should be able to pitch and cover local stories from Kerala
- Able to source contact information for successful completion of stories in timeHave a basic understanding of WordPress.
- A Graduate, preferably in mass communication
- An experienced professional in digital media, especially news coverage, long-form writing and analysis for at least 4 – 6 years.An experienced professional in long-length feature writing and on-ground reporting.