Roles And Responsibilities
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) is India’s largest constructive journalism platform. Our stories create large scale impact by turning inspiration into action.
We are looking for a Script Writer for our Bangalore office. In this role, you will work with the brands video team to write script, screenplays and voiceovers that will be converted into the mini documentaries that we produce for various brands we work across India. You need to have in-depth knowledge about how to write an awesome screenplay that will keep the audience engaged from the first second.
Basically we are looking for a script writer who can write scripts for videos that are not just informative but entertaining to watch. With every video, your objective would be to write for videos that establish the identity of The Better India as THE destination to watch interesting and engaging videos.
The person will be in-charge of writing scripts for all the different brands The Better India works with. You also need to know how to write for different kinds of audience, themes and styles according to the tone of the story.
You will also be required to write promotional FB copy for the stories; script for teasers, concept notes for brands, pitching for new series etc.
As a Script Writer at The Better India, you will:
- Be responsible for writing engaging screenplay/scripts for all brand videos.
- Work on creating concept note, voiceover scripts, teasers scripts, promotional copy for Facebook etc.
- Write social media copies and suggest headlines to be shared for brand videos posted on different social channels.
- Keep an eye out for interesting stories / new series that can be pitched to the brand.
- Independently come up with ideas that can be pitched to the brand for specific events (Ex: Video on Mother’s day, Video on republic day etc).
- Write exceptional copy that is grammatically correct.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Someone who would have written for TV Ads, Short films, Mini documentaries.
- Possessing a flawless understanding of Grammar and punctuation
- Someone with ability to write in different ways for the same story.
- An Expert in different writing styles that is native to the story type (Ex: Travel, Drama, Sports etc)
- A Graduate / Post Graduate in Communications and Journalism or Film Studies