Every company promises to change the world. Join one that actually does it.
How do we do it?
The first step to changing the world is changing hearts and minds. The stories of people who are leading by example are moving millions to action. The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was
started to give a voice to millions of change makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 60 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest
Our latest venture is The Better Home – a DTC subscription box of eco-friendly, natural Home Cleaners made by MSMEs across the country. This foray is to further our movement to drive conscious consumption by empowering MSMEs to scale on one end and empowering customers make better choices that positively impact our environment and communities, on another.
Besides being an impact based platform we are also focused on how we do it. Technology plays an integral role in helping us achieve our aim. The Better India is on a mission to reach out to millions of
positive change makers through our apps and products.
Want your code to change the world? Here’s where you get started!
As a Full Stack Developer, you will :
1. Be helping us build delightful products and experiences TBI community mobile app.
2. Contribute at all levels of our web application stack, ranging from back-end technologies (NodeJS, PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS, Kafka) and front-end stack (ReactJS, React Native HTML/CSS/SASS, Bootstrap/Material UI ).
3. Coordinate closely with other engineers, product managers, and designers.
4. Have access to our customers, suppliers, and analytics to make better decisions as we believe strongly in using both quantitative and qualitative methods to guide decisions.
5. Work on weekly releases as we believe in shipping code fast and build on it.
Our ideal colleague will be :
1. An individual who can define and solve unconstrained problems, and know when to seek help when no progress is being made.
2. Someone with a B.E/ B.Tech Degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
3. Someone who is comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your work.
4. Someone with a “leave it better than you found it” mentality, and is willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write.
5. The one who loves to experiment and use data to drive decision-making.
6. Someone who is generous with time and experience, and can mentor other engineers.