Roles And Responsibilities
Every company promises to change the world. Join one that actually does it.
How do we do it?
The first step to changing the world is changing hearts and minds. The stories of people who are
leading by example are moving millions to action. The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was
started to give a voice to millions of change makers and innovators of the country, using the power of
storytelling to inspire change. With over 60 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest
Our latest venture is The Better Home – a DTC subscription box of eco-friendly, natural Home Cleaners
made by MSMEs across the country. This foray is to further our movement to drive conscious
consumption by empowering MSMEs to scale on one end and empowering customers make better
choices that positively impact our environment and communities, on another.
We are looking for an independent and creative-minded individual who can translate concepts into
visually appealing videos with a broad appeal. On the same lines, we also need technical skills that
match the creativity, ensuring that you are an ‘end-to-end’ creator who can deliver a finished
product within the assigned deadlines.
What we hope you bring to the table:
1) Creative vision to plan and execute videos on a schedule.
2) Writing skills sufficient to put together a well-researched script that matches the tone and
depth a good video should have.
3) Editing and filming skills that allow you to shoot, assemble and edit footage with voiceovers,
subtitles, and basic title cards – allowing you to submit a ‘ready for upload’ video.
Highlights of the role:
1) Gaining an understanding of the kind of videos TBI is looking for and finding such stories, and
pitching them to the editor.
2) An open eye for new trends and video packaging styles, ensuring our videos have a fresh and
fast-paced look and feel.
3) Being independent-minded and responsible enough to take ownership of your work without
Things to consider:
1) Given the current pandemic situation, this will be a ‘remote’ working environment. You will
have to coordinate over voice and video calls and then execute the day’s plan by yourself.
2) It would be ideal to have your own working camera and a laptop that can edit videos, just in
case they are needed.Technical Qualifications:
1) 2-3 years of experience in video creation – editing, packaging, scripting, etc. (Though this is not
mandatory, creativity and a ‘Can Do’ attitude are the biggest plus.)
2) Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, Google Docs, and camera operation and shooting