How do we do it?
The first step to changing the world is changing hearts and minds. The stories of people who are leading by example are moving millions to action. The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 200 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest solutions-focused platform.
Job Description – Associate Director – HR
We are looking for an HR Associate Director who cares about bringing people together, building for a better future and most importantly, making the process fun! You will partner closely with the management and all teams across our growing organization. The focus of this role is to acquire, assess, coach and influence the talent and business as we scale and evolve to enable our teams to accomplish amazing things.
At TBI, our culture shapes who we are and how we operate. We need someone who is just as passionate about the culture as they are about their core responsibilities as an HR Leader. The ideal candidate is a builder – Someone who can come in with a willingness and an ability to build HR Operations and Programs from the ground up. You will own and heavily influence everything from Attracting & Acquiring Talent, Career Mapping and Performance Management programs, to bonus & Incentive Planning and Employee Onboarding/Offboarding.
· Function as a hands-on, strategic partner to the business while designing and implementing a scalable HR & Talent strategy.
· Complete ownership of attracting & acquiring the right kind of talent required to scale the business.
· Develop, implement, and maintain performance management and talent review processes
· Maintain a deep understanding of the business and culture inside and out so that you are able to provide strategic HR partnership to the business leaders and the teams you support.
· Take ownership of employer branding to make it an aspirational brand in the sector.
· Own the evaluation and maintenance of HR systems related but not limited to talent acquisition, performance management, employee engagement, onboarding/offboarding, compensation, and benefits & perks, learning & development.
· Partner closely with the broader Operations team (Corporate Secretaryship, Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure our people operations programs, processes, and systems align with our business goals and manage risk appropriately.
· Strong in compliances to ensure good governance.
· Manage salary benchmarking, incentive pay, salary negotiations and payroll.
· Act with the employee experience top of mind, continuously seeking feedback, inefficiencies, and maintaining business relationships based on trust and respect.
· Partner with the Management Team to resolve employee relations issues; provide coaching and counselling to management and staff.
· Passionate about ensuring the success of the business by enabling the success of each employee within the organization
Skills & Qualifications:
· A well-rounded HR professional with at least 8+ years of experience across multiple HR functions 2+ years in an HR Leadership role, managing a team of direct reports
· Exemplary communication ability, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively influence people
· Master’s Degree in HR/People Management would be an added bonus
· Experience in owning HR Strategy Operations in a high-growth, fast paced start-up environment
· Employment & Labour law compliance knowledge
· A quick thinker with a solution-oriented mindset and the ability to adapt to fast-changing situations
· Team management experience is a must
· Deep understanding of the complex tax, legal and comp issues related to benefits