Roles And Responsibilities
Every company promises to change the world. Join one that actually does it.
How do we do it?
The first step to changing the world is changing hearts and minds. The stories of people who are leading by example are moving millions to action. The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change-makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 90 million combined readership and participants, it is Asia’s largest solution-focused platform.
Besides being an impact based platform we are also focused on how we do it. Technology plays an integral role in helping us achieve our aim. The Better India is on a mission to reach out to millions of positive change makers through our apps and products.
What we are looking for:-
As Sr Software Engineer, you’ll be part of the team building the mobile app for The Better India.
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
Get to know the Role:
- Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
- Implement pixel perfect UI’s that match designs.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Leverage hybrid approach and work with native modules when required.
- Peer code reviews.
- Documenting and following best practices and recommending best practices around source control, deployment, and issue tracking.
- Most importantly have fun while learning.
- 6+ years of experience in developing mobile applications using React Native
- Good understanding of real time applications.
- Strong programming background and familiarity with NodeJS.
- Passionate about the mobile app development, enjoy challenges, and maintain up-to-date knowledge of available and emerging technologies.
- Experience with using tools like Git/GitHub/BitBucket, SVN etc and knowledge of SCM concepts.
- Strong background of working with API’s and real time systems.
- Knowledge of cloud (esp AWS) platform is a plus.
- Experience working with Facebook/GMaps/here is a plus.
- Knowledge of front end state management libraries is a plus (NgRx, Redux, Flux, etc.)
- Strong debugging skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across the organization.