Every company promises to change the world. Join one that actually does it.
How do we do it?
The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) is India’s largest social impact platform. We use the power of stories to inspire millions into action. Stories of unsung heroes, changemakers and innovators who are making the world a better place. And campaigns that have transformed communities, revived a lake, lit up villages, and brought international glory to inventors.
With a monthly audience of over 200 million, and leading influencers like policy-makers, business leaders as followers, The Better India is today one of the most credible and respected voice in its space.
We are looking for a creative and dynamic Community Manager to join our team.
Excited? Read on.
As a Community Manager at The Better India, Bangalore, you will
- Drive the growth of The Better India’s new community platform – community.thebetterindia.com
- Take complete ownership of this channel to ensure targets on metrics like MAUs, reach, engagement and followers are met
- Develop a memorable, engaging and consistent tone and voice for brand The Better India for the community
- Initiate conversations, spark debates and seed ideas that engage followers in a friendly, respectful manner
- Work with Editorial and marketing teams to devise strategy, create content (both copy and design), manage content posting and distribution, and ensure timely responses on all comments, conversations on the community
- Crowdsource content and collaborate with leading influencers and creators to acquire and distribute content on our community platform
- Monitor trends on social media to leverage for brand growth
- Analyse key metrics on a regular basis, report and socialise learnings
Our ideal colleague will be
- Someone with 2 to 4 years of experience in a community management / social media role for a digital brand, preferably in the media space
- Owning all conversations and activity with the community and demonstrating exponential growth through content will be key
- A creative individual who is great at copywriting, someone who understands the nuances of words, tone and voice that works on the channel. In addition, understands design aesthetics and can create visual assets using available tools
- A pro-Instagramer, pro-Tweeter and digital native! Someone who has experience using Circle.so would be ideal
- Someone who understands the ins and outs, the opportunities and possible pitfalls of having online conversations, and is aware of the potential consequences of posting anything online
- Cool headed! You have to know how to handle a crisis should it arise
- Organised, and can handle multiple things at once. Must be able to take direction and run with it
- Someone who puts a premium on details and accuracy, and thrives under pressure
- A hustler who will find ways to get things done